Alert for Anderson; Coffey; Douglas; Franklin; Jefferson; Lyon; Morris; Osage; Shawnee; Wabaunsee (Kansas) Issued by the National Weather Service
Winter Storm Watch
NWS Topeka (Northeastern Kansas)
Winter Storm Watch issued February 16 at 3:44AM CST until February 17 at 6:00PM CST by NWS Topeka
…WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow
accumulations of 4 to 7 inches and ice accumulations of a light
glaze possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of east central and northeast Kansas.
* WHEN…From late tonight through Thursday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Patchy blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…A band of heavy snowfall is expected to
setup within the watch area. The exact location of the band
remains uncertain and may shift north or south. Please check
back for forecast updates later today.
Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
Anderson; Coffey; Douglas; Franklin; Jefferson; Lyon; Morris; Osage; Shawnee; Wabaunsee