Harper Advocate – December 11, 2013
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – December 27, 2013
Smoke coming out of heat vents was the reason that Harper fire trucks lined the drive of the Subway Sandwich Shop at 6:40 p.m. Saturday night.
The two young ladies working that night shut down the heater and other appliances before exiting the store. The light smoke dissipated when fire units arrived and found that it was a furnace (located on the outside of the building) that had malfunctioned and burned a drive belt putting smoke into the duct system.
There was no damage other than to the belt and the store was in business as usual Sunday.